Carlsberg India launches new beer Tuborg Classic
Tuborg Classic is a stronger and smoother beer brewed using imported scotch malts and has been made especially for the Indian palate, says Carlsberg India
Latest News »
- Infosys chairman R.Seshasayee to retire next year, wants smooth transition
- Pakistan’s BAT team carried ‘special daggers’, cameras to record terror attack
- Ordinance likely to amend SEZ Act for alignment with GST next week
- Five London tower blocks evacuated over fire safety concerns after Grenfell blaze
- China developed world’s most powerful submarine detector: report
Bengaluru: Carlsberg India Pvt. Ltd, the local arm of Danish brewer Carlsberg group, said it launched a new premium strong beer with scotch malts called ‘Tuborg Classic.’
The beer has been launched in Maharashtra and will soon be available in other select markets over the next few months, the company said in a statement.
Tuborg Classic is a stronger and smoother beer brewed using imported scotch malts and has been made especially for the Indian palate.
“Today, consumers appreciate the distinctive quality and taste of premium beers. With this launch, we aim to make Tuborg Classic one of the biggest innovations to have hit the Indian beer industry in the last few years,” said Michael N. Jensen, managing director of Carlsberg India.
The new beer will be launched in 650ml bottles across all key markets nationally and in 500ml cans in select markets, the firm said. In Maharashtra, both the bottles and cans will be available.
“With Tuborg Classic, we aim to further strengthen our commitment to the Indian market and expand our portfolio,” said Mahesh Kanchan, marketing director at Carlsberg.
In February, the company announced two new contract manufacturing deals in Maharashtra and Jharkhand in a bid to increase its footprint in India.