Carlsberg India launches new beer Tuborg Classic
- Supreme Court to refer to constitutional bench pleas against allowing Jallikattu
- Godrej Industries board to meet on 14 December over Vora Soaps merger
- Death of a hedge fund: Why the original model is fading so fast
- IndiGo owners InterGlobe Aviation to sell 2.91% stake for $197 million
- Imax, AMC size up Saudi Arabian market as kingdom opens up to theatres
Bengaluru: Carlsberg India Pvt. Ltd, the local arm of Danish brewer Carlsberg group, said it launched a new premium strong beer with scotch malts called ‘Tuborg Classic.’
The beer has been launched in Maharashtra and will soon be available in other select markets over the next few months, the company said in a statement.
Tuborg Classic is a stronger and smoother beer brewed using imported scotch malts and has been made especially for the Indian palate.
“Today, consumers appreciate the distinctive quality and taste of premium beers. With this launch, we aim to make Tuborg Classic one of the biggest innovations to have hit the Indian beer industry in the last few years,” said Michael N. Jensen, managing director of Carlsberg India.
The new beer will be launched in 650ml bottles across all key markets nationally and in 500ml cans in select markets, the firm said. In Maharashtra, both the bottles and cans will be available.
“With Tuborg Classic, we aim to further strengthen our commitment to the Indian market and expand our portfolio,” said Mahesh Kanchan, marketing director at Carlsberg.
In February, the company announced two new contract manufacturing deals in Maharashtra and Jharkhand in a bid to increase its footprint in India.