Apple in talks to expand India production capacity: Ravi Shankar Prasad
Latest News »
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan will lead BJP in Madhya Pradesh polls: Amit Shah
- Sharad Yadav free to decide own course: Nitish Kumar
- West Bengal flood situation improves, death toll reaches 55
- Narendra Modi expresses anguish over Utkal Express derailment
- GST Council extends July payment and return filing deadline to 25 August
New Delhi: Apple Inc. wants to expand its contract manufacturer’s facility in the tech hub of Bengaluru, Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Tuesday, as the iPhone maker seeks a bigger share in one of the world’s biggest smartphone markets.
Prasad, the Union minister for Electronics and IT said, government officials were in touch with Apple and other mobile phone manufacturers for expanding facilities and setting up new plants.
Cupertino, California-based Apple last week started making iPhone SE at its Taiwanese contract manufacturer Wistron’s plant in Bengaluru. Reuters