Apple in talks to expand India production capacity: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Honda overtakes Bajaj to seal No. 2 spot in domestic bike sales
- Govt flags SC collegium decision to end performance evaluation of additional judges
- Emaar India plans to raise Rs500 crore by March 2018
- GST rate structure needs complete overhauling: Hasmukh Adhia
- Banking sector stares at additional Rs40,000 crore NPAs
New Delhi: Apple Inc. wants to expand its contract manufacturer’s facility in the tech hub of Bengaluru, Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Tuesday, as the iPhone maker seeks a bigger share in one of the world’s biggest smartphone markets.
Prasad, the Union minister for Electronics and IT said, government officials were in touch with Apple and other mobile phone manufacturers for expanding facilities and setting up new plants.
Cupertino, California-based Apple last week started making iPhone SE at its Taiwanese contract manufacturer Wistron’s plant in Bengaluru. Reuters