Apple in talks to expand India production capacity: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate fourth container terminal of JNPT tomorrow
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- PMO working on resolving PNB fraud, will try to extradite Nirav Modi: MoS finance
- Tibet’s most sacred Buddhist temple catches fire
- PM Modi should explain why PNB scam happened: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Apple Inc. wants to expand its contract manufacturer’s facility in the tech hub of Bengaluru, Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Tuesday, as the iPhone maker seeks a bigger share in one of the world’s biggest smartphone markets.
Prasad, the Union minister for Electronics and IT said, government officials were in touch with Apple and other mobile phone manufacturers for expanding facilities and setting up new plants.
Cupertino, California-based Apple last week started making iPhone SE at its Taiwanese contract manufacturer Wistron’s plant in Bengaluru. Reuters