Apple in talks to expand India production capacity: Ravi Shankar Prasad
Ravi Shankar Prasad said government officials are in touch with Apple and other mobile phone manufacturers for expanding facilities and setting up new plants
Latest News »
- Donald Trump describes Narendra Modi, himself as ‘world leaders in social media’
- Scotland drops plan for immediate push for second independence vote
- Ravi Shastri to apply for India head coach post
- Uber makes it easier for users to arrange trips for others
- Narendra Modi gifts hand-woven shawls, Lincoln stamp folio to Trumps
New Delhi: Apple Inc. wants to expand its contract manufacturer’s facility in the tech hub of Bengaluru, Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Tuesday, as the iPhone maker seeks a bigger share in one of the world’s biggest smartphone markets.
Prasad, the Union minister for Electronics and IT said, government officials were in touch with Apple and other mobile phone manufacturers for expanding facilities and setting up new plants.
Cupertino, California-based Apple last week started making iPhone SE at its Taiwanese contract manufacturer Wistron’s plant in Bengaluru. Reuters