RBI to soon issue Rs10 notes in Mahatma Gandhi Series
- Election Results 2017 highlights: BJP wins in Gujarat, trounces Congress in Himachal
- Gujarat election results: BJP loses in Modi’s hometown Vadnagar
- Gross NPAs of banks cross Rs8.5 trillion in 1st half of this fiscal
- HPCL asks Airtel to transfer LPG subsidies to bank accounts
- Prem Kumar Dhumal, common man’s leader, loses by 3,500 votes
Chandigarh: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue Rs10 denomination bank notes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series 2005.
With inset letter ‘L’ in both the number panels, bearing signature of RBI governor Urjit R Patel, the note will have year 2017 printed on the reverse of it, according to an official release issued by the central bank.
All notes in the denomination of Rs10 issued by the bank in the past will continue to be the legal tender, it said.