RBI to soon issue Rs10 notes in Mahatma Gandhi Series
- Kejriwal’s apology to Majithia a bid to reduce defamation burden: Amarinder Singh
- Theresa May warns of new Russia sanctions as 23 UK diplomats expelled
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
Chandigarh: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue Rs10 denomination bank notes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series 2005.
With inset letter ‘L’ in both the number panels, bearing signature of RBI governor Urjit R Patel, the note will have year 2017 printed on the reverse of it, according to an official release issued by the central bank.
All notes in the denomination of Rs10 issued by the bank in the past will continue to be the legal tender, it said.