H1B visa application caps reached
US Citizenship and Immigration Services responsible for processing of H1B application says it has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa cap for the 2018 fiscal year
Latest News »
- Britain’s Co-operative Bank agrees $900 million rescue package
- Sikkim standoff: India must be ‘taught the rules’, says Chinese daily
- NEET 2017: Rickshaw puller’s son cracks medical entrance test
- Air India Express posts Rs297 crore profit for FY17
- Gold prices stay steady, silver prices surge by Rs 335 per kg
Washington: A federal US agency responsible for processing of H 1B application for foreign IT professionals on Saturday said it has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa cap for the 2018 fiscal year.
“US Citizenship and Immigration Services has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa H 1B cap for fiscal year 2018,” an official announcement said.
US Citizenship and Immigration Services has also received a sufficient number of H1B visa petitions to meet the 20,000 visa US advanced degree exemption, also known as the master’s cap, the statement said.
However, unlike previous years, it did not say how it is going to determine the successful applications, which in the past had been through a computerized draw of lots.PTI