H1B visa application caps reached
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
- Amit Shah takes stock of Andhra Pradesh situation with state leaders
- Facebook suspends Donald Trump election data firm for policy breach
Washington: A federal US agency responsible for processing of H 1B application for foreign IT professionals on Saturday said it has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa cap for the 2018 fiscal year.
“US Citizenship and Immigration Services has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa H 1B cap for fiscal year 2018,” an official announcement said.
US Citizenship and Immigration Services has also received a sufficient number of H1B visa petitions to meet the 20,000 visa US advanced degree exemption, also known as the master’s cap, the statement said.
However, unlike previous years, it did not say how it is going to determine the successful applications, which in the past had been through a computerized draw of lots.PTI