Led by Honda, two-wheeler sales in April rise 6%
Honda Motorcycle’s sales rose 34% to a record 578,929 units in April where as Bajaj Auto’s sales slipped 19% to 161,930 units
Latest News »
- Donald Trump growing frustrated with China, weighs trade steps
- Ready or not, businesses brace for GST rollout
- Cyberattack hits India, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust said to be affected
- Opening bell: US losses weigh on Asian markets; ABG Shipyard, GCPL, Fortis in news
- Rising costs pose a threat to profit margins of auto component makers
Mumbai: Cumulative sales of India’s top six two-wheeler makers in April rose 6% to 1.6 million units from a year ago, according to data released by the companies in the last two days.
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd led the increase with a 34% rise in sales to a record 578,929 units—the best-ever monthly sales for the Japanese company in India.
In the process, the maker of Activa scooters and Unicorn motorcycles overtook Bajaj Auto Ltd in monthly motorcycle sales to take the second position and is in striking distance of catching up with market leader Hero MotoCorp Ltd. Hero’s sales skidded 3.5% to 591,306 units in the month, reducing its lead over Honda to just 12,377 units. Sales also slipped 19% at Pune-based Bajaj Auto to 161,930 units in April.
ALSO READ: New models drive car sales in April