Anil Ambani press conference on RCom debt: Key highlights
- Japan voters poised to give Shinzo Abe fresh mandate as election nears
- Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat tomorrow, inaugurate slew of projects
- Vice President M.Venkaiah Naidu undergoes angiography at AIIMS, stent placed
- Afghanistan mosques suicide attack: Death toll rises to 72
- CBI seeks permission to file SLP in Supreme Court on Bofors case
Mumbai: Reliance Communications Ltd chairman Anil Ambani says the company can monetise several assets in telecom business.
■ RCom lenders will have right to exercise all their options once seven-month standstill period is over in December: Anil Ambani
■ We may look at strategic sale of RCom’s global business to further pare our debt; new wireless firm Aircom to be set up: Anil Ambani
■ We are disappointed with credit rating downgrades of RCom. We will make efforts to restore them: Anil Ambani
■ Plan for firm’s strategic transformation has been accepted by lenders: Anil Ambani
■ We expect to close Aircel deal, tower transaction with Brookfield by September; these deals to reduce debt to Rs 20,000 crore from Rs 45,000 crore: RCom statement
■ We can monetize 49% tower company stake in future though sale or a listing process: Reliance Communications executive Punit Garg
■ Further debt reduction options include sale of direct-to-home business
Reliance Group companies have sued HT Media Ltd, Mint’s publisher, and nine others in the Bombay high court over a 2 October 2014 front-page story that they have disputed. HT Media is contesting the case.