JSW Group to invest additional Rs3,400 crore at cement facility in Salboni
Latest News »
- Govt’s proposed pharma marketing rules hit legal roadblock
- Infosys row: Chorus grows for Seshasayee’s exit, Nandan Nilekani’s entry
- Organic food grown in India for domestic consumption may not be safe, says study
- WPP suffers worst day since 1998 after consumer goods groups cut spending
- Economics discovers that it has a sexism problem
Kolkata: The JSW Group on Tuesday announced in Kolkata that it will invest an additional Rs3,400 crore at its cement production facility currently under construction at Salboni in West Bengal.
After the 2.4 million tonne grinding unit is commissioned in March next year, the group proposes to expand it and also set up a captive power plant, a decorative paint manufacturing facility and steel processing unit at the Salboni integrated complex, chairman Sajjan Jindal said.
The total investment is estimated at Rs3,400 crore, and these facilities, when commissioned, would generate around 1,500 jobs, he added.