JSW Group to invest additional Rs3,400 crore at cement facility in Salboni
- Bitcoin trading thrives wherever regulators crack down most
- Gujarat election second phase LIVE: High stakes for Modi, Rahul as polling begins 8am
- WTO Buenos Aires meet ends with no consensus on key issues
- Opening bell: Asian markets trade higher; Maruti, IndusInd Bank in news
- Rahul Gandhi and the beer-‘dhokla’ game
Kolkata: The JSW Group on Tuesday announced in Kolkata that it will invest an additional Rs3,400 crore at its cement production facility currently under construction at Salboni in West Bengal.
After the 2.4 million tonne grinding unit is commissioned in March next year, the group proposes to expand it and also set up a captive power plant, a decorative paint manufacturing facility and steel processing unit at the Salboni integrated complex, chairman Sajjan Jindal said.
The total investment is estimated at Rs3,400 crore, and these facilities, when commissioned, would generate around 1,500 jobs, he added.