Airtel completes its 4G footprint as it launches services in Assam
With the launch of 4G service in Assam, Airtel’s 4G services are now available in all 22 telecom circles in the country
Latest News »
- Scientists develop prosthetic limbs that take feedback from human body
- Presential polls: Ram Nath Kovind to kick-start nation-wide tour from UP tomorrow
- MP minister Narottam Mishra disqualified for 3 years over election expenditure
- Civil nuclear deal will be part of Narendra Modi - Donald Trump discussions: White House
- J&K: 3 more arrested for DSP’s mob lynching in Srinagar
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Ltd on Tuesday launched 4G telecom service in Assam, starting with Dibrugarh and Tinsukia. With this, Airtel’s 4G services are now available in all 22 telecom circles in the country.
The service has been launched on 2,300 MHz band, the company said in a statement, adding it will be expanded further on the 1,800 MHz band.
“Our valued customers can now upgrade to 4G, free of cost and enjoy a high speed mobile broadband experience on the Airtel network. With the launch, customers can also look forward to exciting data offers, and choose from a host of affordable tariff plans that offer great value,” Sameer Anjaria, chief executive for Airtel (north eastern states and Assam) said.
The company also announced 10 GB data offer for prepaid customers with 4G handset devices in the state for Rs249. “With Rs249 recharge, 1 GB data will be instantly credited to the customer’s account and the additional 9 GB data can be claimed by the customer through My Airtel app. Users can avail a maximum of 3 recharges within 90 days, on the offer,” the statement said.
Bharti Airtel started rolling out 4G in 2012 from Kolkata and has been expanding its 4G footprint aggressively since 2014. Since October this year, it started 4G services in Gujarat, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.