Srei launches online marketplace iQuippo for construction equipment
- Shinzo Abe placed to lead Japan through 2021 after big election win
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; Havells India, Hindustan Zinc earnings today
- Reliance Jio’s tariff hike suggests worst may be over for telcos
- Oberoi Realty scales fresh peak despite RERA tremors
- Why Indian markets are lagging behind emerging market peers
Kolkata: The Srei Group, which is engaged in financing infrastructure projects, on Thursday launched a digital platform, iQuippo.com, for online sale and leasing of construction and mining equipment.
It is going to be an online marketplace similar to Amazon or Flipkart, said Sunil Kanoria, vice-chairman of Srei Infrastructure Finance Ltd, but the first-of-its-kind for sale and lease of heavy machinery.
Funded by the Kanoria Foundation, iQuippo.com is looking to connect sellers of new and used equipment with potential end users. iQuippo.com already has some 600 equipment listed on itself, and it expects to facilitate around 50-60 transactions a month.