Trai to examine Reliance Jio offer of free services till 31 March
Trai chairman R.S.Sharma said the telecom regulator will give a response on Reliance Jio’s free offer at appropriate time
Latest News »
- Orissa HC notice to EC for early completion of inquiry against Naveen Patnaik
- Arvind Subramanian hints at writing about demonetisation in memoir
- Businesses get time till 16 August to opt for GST composition scheme
- Nitish Kumar is wasting time meeting Rahul Gandhi: Sushil Modi
- Erdogan condemns Israel’s ‘excessive’ use of force in Jerusalem
New Delhi: The telecom regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) on Thursday said it will examine Reliance Jio Infocomm’s latest offer providing free 4G services for all its customers till 31 March 2017.
“We will look into it. Every tariff that is filed before us is examined. We will come up with our response at appropriate time,” Trai chairman R.S.Sharma told PTI when asked about validity of Jio’s offer.
Trai had earlier allowed Reliance Jio to provide free service till the end of this year for customers who subscribed to its services till 3 December. Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani on Thursday announced extension of free domestic voice calls and data till 31 March.
With over 52 million customers taking Jio’s free voice and data since its launch on 4 September, he announced “Jio Happy New Year Offer” of free data, voice, video and applications till 31 March for new users joining from 4 December as well as the existing ones.
However, the plan will come with a fair usage policy (FUP) which will cap data for Reliance Jio customers at around 1 GB per day.