Big spike in cybercrimes
Latest News »
- Using vehicles as weapons of terror in Europe
- Govt proposes to dilute National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority’s powers
- Techstars wants to play a meaningful role in India’s start-up ecosystem: co-founders
- RCom-Aircel merger: NCLT overrules DoT objections
- RSS arm raises questions over govt’s draft policy on pharma
Latest statistics released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) reflect a massive spike in cybercrimes in India. The total number of cybercrimes reported in 2013 was 41,319, which rose to 49,455 in 2015. The number of cases reported this year till March stands at 14,363.
More than 28,000 hacking incidents were reported in 2013, and over 32,000 in 2014. The NCRB report shows that in 2015, Uttar Pradesh registered the highest number of cybercrimes in the country with 2,208 cases.
Maharashtra registered 2,195 and 1,879 cases in 2015 and 2014, respectively. According to the NCRB, 3,089 males in the age group of 18 to 30 were arrested for cyber crimes in 2015.