Ford India sales up 27% to 29,795 units in December
New Delhi: Ford India on Tuesday reported 27% jump in total sales at 29,795 units in December. The company had sold 23,470 units in the same month previous year, Ford India said in a statement.
Domestic sales were down 8.6% at 5,087 units last month as against 5,566 units in December 2016, it added. Exports were at 24,708 units last month as against 17,904 units in the year-ago month, a growth of 38%.
Ford India said its combined domestic wholesales and exports in 2017 grew 10.36% at 262,784 vehicles compared to 238,098 units in 2016, recording its highest production and wholesale volume ever.
Commenting on the performance, Ford India president and managing director Anurag Mehrotra said, “2017 saw the Indian automotive industry overcome challenges precipitated by the implementation of GST, increased inflation, after-effects of demonetisation, rising crude prices and volatile regulatory environment to register growth.”
- Kabul’s Intercontinental Hotel attacked, at least five people killed and six wounded
- 17 people killed in fire at warehouse near Delhi
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama