Toyota to make over 10 battery electric vehicle models globally in early 2020s
Tokyo: Toyota Motor Corp. will make more than 10 battery electric car models globally in the early 2020s, with sales starting in China, the company said on Monday.
Toyota will subsequently sell the models in Japan, India, the US and Europe, it said in a statement.
Every Toyota model and luxury-brand Lexus model will either have an electric version or will be a dedicated electric car by 2025, the Japanese automaker said.
Global automakers are competing to develop more electric cars to comply with tightening regulations worldwide to reduce vehicle emissions. Reuters
- Adani Ports Q3 profit up 19.51% at Rs1,001 crore
- Google aims to make artificial intelligence easy to use for companies
- GST rate cut for 29 items and 53 services from 25 January
- South Korea considers shutting down domestic cryptocurrency exchanges
- GST Council discusses making returns filing process simpler