Honda Cars India sales up 9.44% at 14,249 units in February
- Donald Trump, real estate investors get last-minute perk in tax bill
- News in Numbers: ‘The Last Jedi’ collects $450 million worldwide in opening weekend
- Adani drops contractor for Carmichael coal mine in Australia
- UN to vote tomorrow on measure rejecting US Jerusalem decision
- Oracle agrees to buy Australia’s Aconex for $1.19 billion
New Delhi: Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) on Wednesday reported a 9.44% increase in domestic sales at 14,249 units in February. The company had sold 13,020 units in the same month last year, HCIL said in a statement.
Last month, the company sold 521 units of small car Brio, 2,758 units of premium hatchback Jazz, 3,924 units of compact sedan Amaze and 6,318 units of mid-sized sedan City.
The company also sold 703 units of its new compact sports utility vehicle (SUV) BR-V. Besides, it sold 25 units of SUV CRV. In addition, it exported a total of 748 units during the month under review.
Commenting on the sales performance, HCIL president and CEO Yoichiro Ueno said: “The market has shown positive sentiment during February and HCIL has also benefited from it.”
February sales have been driven by “an excellent response” to the new Honda City 2017, which has received over 10,000 bookings so far, he said, adding the company hopes this momentum would continue.