Parle Products enters premium chocolate market with Friberg
- Donald Trump pressures US senators to back Republican healthcare bill
- India to send 700 tonnes of relief material for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan at UNGA, asks its leaders to introspect
- Mexico jittery after new earthquake of 6.1 magnitude
- Sushma Swaraj calls for early start of negotiations for UNSC reforms
New Delhi: Parle Products Pvt Ltd, known for its mass-market Parle-G biscuits, on Wednesday announced entry into the super premium chocolate market with a new brand Friberg – priced at Rs350 for 125-gram wafers and 90-gram bars.
The Mumbai-based company, which also sells biscuits and candies under brands like Monaco, Krack Jack, Hide & Seek, Milano, Mango Bite and Melody, will import Friberg chocolates from Belgium and Switzerland.
“The launch of the new chocolate brand is inspired by the growing demand for luxury chocolate offerings and changing consumer preferences from traditional sweets to premium chocolates as gifting options during the festive season,” the company said in a statement.
Friberg, available in traditional bar format imported from Switzerland, and Belgian wafer thins, will initially be available in Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Hyderabad in select modern trade and top general trade outlets, the company said.