NTPC commissions Jharkhand captive coal mine
- Gujarat elections: Congress-PAAS deal hits snag, BJP releases 3rd candidate list
- GST rate cut: FMCG firms asked to update MRPs immediately
- Myanmar, Bangladesh to implement plan to end Rohingya crisis: China
- GSF Accelerator to invest $1 million in start-ups
- Moody’s upgrades Vedanta Resources’s CFR to Ba3 from B1
New Delhi: State-owned power generation company NTPC Ltd. on Thursday started utilization of its 15 million tonne Pakri Barwadih captive coal mine in Jharkhand seeking to ensure fuel security to its power plants.
The first rake of coal from the mine was flagged off by finance minister Arun Jaitley, the company stated.
NTPC’s mining licences account for a total reserve of 7.15 billion tonne and annual production potential of 107 million tones, catering to a requirement of 20 gigawatts (GW), the company stated.