ONGC caps uneven flow of gas from its well in East Godavari
- Lodha Developers buy land in Mumbai’s Jogeshwari suburb from Patel Engineering
- BCCI, sports ministry discuss NADA, India-Pakistan match in ICC Test Championship
- To buy, or rent a home, that is the question
- Different ways to buy cryptocurrencies in India
- If total income is not taxable, senior citizens should keep bulk of their money in fixed deposits
Rajamahedravaram: Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd (ONGC) has succeeded in controlling the uneven flow of gas from its well located in Tadikona of Allavaram mandal in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
“The ONGC well named SRAC has been comprehensively controlled and capped at 4 PM today. ONGC’s crisis management team was pressed into service as soon as the well encountered more pressure than the expected levels, while milling by HH-100 T Rig, yesterday at 4 PM,” a company release stated.
The flow of gas from the well has been “uneven” since 4pm on Friday. “The ONGC team mapped the physical behaviour of the well minute-by-minute and charted a plan to comprehensively control the well. Accordingly, the company mobilised its highly-sophisticated well controlling equipment available in Narasapur within four hours of the incident and stationed...,” it stated.
Executive director, asset manager, Debasis Sanyal, Rajahmundry, has marshalled different teams associated with the well control and executed the well control strategy as per the crisis management guidelines.