ONGC caps uneven flow of gas from its well in East Godavari
- Philanthropists need to be bridging leaders: Peggy Dulany
- PNB fraud: Didn’t consider PwC bid for audit of Nirav Modi accounts, says bank
- Hindcon Chemicals to list on NSE Emerge platform
- Narendra Modi promises strict action against PNB fraud accused
- Donald Trump says launching ‘largest-ever’ package of North Korea sanctions
Rajamahedravaram: Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd (ONGC) has succeeded in controlling the uneven flow of gas from its well located in Tadikona of Allavaram mandal in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
“The ONGC well named SRAC has been comprehensively controlled and capped at 4 PM today. ONGC’s crisis management team was pressed into service as soon as the well encountered more pressure than the expected levels, while milling by HH-100 T Rig, yesterday at 4 PM,” a company release stated.
The flow of gas from the well has been “uneven” since 4pm on Friday. “The ONGC team mapped the physical behaviour of the well minute-by-minute and charted a plan to comprehensively control the well. Accordingly, the company mobilised its highly-sophisticated well controlling equipment available in Narasapur within four hours of the incident and stationed...,” it stated.
Executive director, asset manager, Debasis Sanyal, Rajahmundry, has marshalled different teams associated with the well control and executed the well control strategy as per the crisis management guidelines.