Stats for enterprises
Latest News »
- RBI’s forex operations risk India being tagged currency manipulator: report
- Economic fog to clear in India as clutch of data to give clarity
- Uber narrows Q2 loss to $645 million, boosts revenue in turmoil
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Infosys, Tata Steel, DLF in news
- An ill wind for Suzlon, Inox’s quick recovery hopes
• Global shipments of wearables grew 25% in 2016 over 2015 to reach 102.4 million devices, according to research firm International Data Corporation (IDC). The market is evolving from single-purpose devices to multipurpose wearables, said the study.
• Global enterprise storage systems factory revenue reached $11.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2016, down 6.7% year-on-year, according to IDC. Total storage capacity, nevertheless, went up 18.3% year-on-year to reach 52.4 exabytes during the quarter (one exabyte equals one billion gigabytes).
• Worldwide, smart home households will grow more than fivefold—from 90 million in 2016 to 463 million in 2021—forecasts research firm Ovum.
• Consumer spending on smart home services will nearly triple globally, from $17 billion in 2016 to $50 billion in 2022, according to State of the Smart Home Market: 1Q 2017 report released by Strategy Analytics, a research firm.