Google CEO Sundar Pichai received $200 million compensation in 2016
India-born Sundar Pichai received a $200 million compensation package in 2016 for running Google that makes nearly all the money for Alphabet
Latest News »
- GSK Pharma’s profit plunges 63.4% to Rs26.42 crore, plans to introduce more vaccines
- Donald Trump hails Jared Kushner for ‘proving’ Russian links wrong
- Behind Manafort loans, army pilot who flew into Donald Trump’s orbit
- India will need $4.5 trillion by 2040 for infrastructure: report
- Vodafone-Idea merger expected to complete in 2018
San Francisco: Google’ India-born CEO Sundar Pichai received a $200 million compensation package last year for running the internet company that makes nearly all the money for Alphabet Inc.
Most of the pay consisted of Alphabet stock that the company valued at $198.7 million in securities documents filed on Friday. Alphabet gave the award to Pichai in January 2016, a few months after he succeeded Larry Page as Google’s CEO. Pichai still reports to Page, a Google co-founder who is now Alphabet’s CEO.
Page limits his annual pay to $1 because he already has an estimated fortune of $41 billion.
The stock that Pichai received will vest in quarterly increments through January 2020.
The 44-year-old Pichai also received a $650,000 salary last year in addition to personal security services and air travel valued at $372,000. AP