E-tail sales: India vs China
Growth in e-commerce in India will be gradual when compared with China, says a report by Kotak Institutional Equities Research
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
Growth in e-commerce in India will be gradual when compared with China, according to a report by Kotak Institutional Equities Research. The growth in India will be in line with gradual improvements in household incomes and infrastructure development,the report said.
The report suggests that there is a need for e-commerce companies in India to diversify away from sales of mobile phones and electronics, where margins are thin and opportunities for product differentiation (versus competitors) are minimal, unless the online retailer manages to sell products exclusively.