E-tail sales: India vs China
Latest News »
- McDonald’s terminates franchise agreement with CPRL for 169 restaurants
- China expresses ‘strong dissatisfaction’ with US intellectual property probe
- University of Texas removes Confederate statues
- Tata Motors CEO says to invest Rs4,000 crore to boost car, truck sales
- Trai’s discussion paper on spectrum auction likely this week
Growth in e-commerce in India will be gradual when compared with China, according to a report by Kotak Institutional Equities Research. The growth in India will be in line with gradual improvements in household incomes and infrastructure development,the report said.
The report suggests that there is a need for e-commerce companies in India to diversify away from sales of mobile phones and electronics, where margins are thin and opportunities for product differentiation (versus competitors) are minimal, unless the online retailer manages to sell products exclusively.