Baba Ramdev to launch 10,000 Patanjali wellness centres globally
Yoga guru Ramdev says he has plans to launch 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres globally to popularise yoga
Latest News »
- Lalu Prasad: Will ask Nitish Kumar to not back Ram Nath Kovind
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos disrupts another frontier, with just one tweet
- Ram Nath Kovind to file nomination Friday with PM Modi, NDA CMs in attendance
- Resolve 55 bad loan cases in 6 months or face Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, RBI tells banks
- NATGRID to sign pact with income tax dept to get PAN, taxpayer data access
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday said he has plans to launch 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres globally to popularise yoga. The Gujarat government is organising, with Ramdev’s support, a mega event at GMDC ground here on Yoga Day (21 June) with the aim of setting a new world record of highest number of people performing yoga at one place.
“We will make yoga popular in the entire world. We will open 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres in the world, starting with 1,000 centres in the country in a short time,” Ramdev told reporters. About 1.25 lakh people are expected to participate in the event at GMDC ground on 21 June, Ramdev said.
The existing record was set in Delhi on 21 June, 2015 when 35,985 people performed yoga in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Ramdev said Modi himself had asked him to break this record.