Baba Ramdev to launch 10,000 Patanjali wellness centres globally
- North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-Un to be ‘tested like never before’: Donald Trump
- Tata Steel, Thyssenkrupp merger: Thousands protest in Germany
- PVR revamps iconic Chanakya theatre into Delhi’s first ECX multiplex
- Gold prices recover on positive global cues, silver rises
- Interest subsidy on housing loans to remain for middle income group till 2019
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday said he has plans to launch 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres globally to popularise yoga. The Gujarat government is organising, with Ramdev’s support, a mega event at GMDC ground here on Yoga Day (21 June) with the aim of setting a new world record of highest number of people performing yoga at one place.
“We will make yoga popular in the entire world. We will open 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres in the world, starting with 1,000 centres in the country in a short time,” Ramdev told reporters. About 1.25 lakh people are expected to participate in the event at GMDC ground on 21 June, Ramdev said.
The existing record was set in Delhi on 21 June, 2015 when 35,985 people performed yoga in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Ramdev said Modi himself had asked him to break this record.