Baba Ramdev to launch 10,000 Patanjali wellness centres globally
Yoga guru Ramdev says he has plans to launch 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres globally to popularise yoga
Latest News »
- Hindus and Muslims: The true picture of divorce
- Why India needs to be aggressive against China in Doklam standoff
- Amtek Auto bankruptcy case admitted by NCLT Chandigarh bench
- Resolving Air India debt priority of aviation ministry
- Sanjeev Gupta’s Liberty House to enter India with acquisition of stressed assets
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday said he has plans to launch 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres globally to popularise yoga. The Gujarat government is organising, with Ramdev’s support, a mega event at GMDC ground here on Yoga Day (21 June) with the aim of setting a new world record of highest number of people performing yoga at one place.
“We will make yoga popular in the entire world. We will open 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres in the world, starting with 1,000 centres in the country in a short time,” Ramdev told reporters. About 1.25 lakh people are expected to participate in the event at GMDC ground on 21 June, Ramdev said.
The existing record was set in Delhi on 21 June, 2015 when 35,985 people performed yoga in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Ramdev said Modi himself had asked him to break this record.