Honda WR-V launch on 16 March, pre-bookings commence
- India’s tightened consumer goods standards could hurt China imports
- Toyota targets 1,000 km driving range with fuel-cell concept car
- Worms could lead to new treatment for Alzheimer’s, other neurodegenerative diseases
- Telangana’s TJAC plans public meeting on ‘unemployment’ on 31 October
- Gold prices surge by Rs290 on Diwali demand
New Delhi: Honda Cars India Ltd on Thursday commenced pre-bookings for its upcoming model WR-V which it plans to launch in India this month.
Honda Cars India will launch the WR-V on 16 March and has initiated pre-bookings for the upcoming model at its dealerships for an amount of Rs21,000.
“The Honda WR-V is an all new sporty lifestyle vehicle in Honda’s line-up. It will provide joy for recreational usage and comfortable driving for daily use in the city,” Honda Cars India president and CEO Yoichiro Ueno said in a statement.
India is the first country to manufacture and launch the Honda WR-V in the world. It is the first model developed by Honda R&D India in association with Honda R&D Co. Ltd, Japan. The company has developed the model as a Sporty Lifestyle Vehicle for the Indian consumers who want sporty and stylish vehicles that are compact in size with premium interiors and advanced features.
Based on Jazz platform, the Honda WR-V would come with both petrol and diesel engines.
Ueno said Honda has started 2017 on a positive note. “After a very successful launch of the new Honda City 2017 in February, the WR-V launch is our second important launch this year. We are confident that both these models will propel Honda Cars India firmly on the growth path,” he added.