Adani Power commissions 4th unit of Tiroda power plant in Gujarat
With that, Adani Power has overtaken Tata Power in total installed power generation capacity
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
Mumbai: Adani Power Ltd on Thursday said it has commissioned the fourth unit of its 2,640 MW Tiroda power plant located in Gondia district of Maharashtra.
The company’s total installed power generation capacity now stands at 8,620MW, making it the country’s largest private power producer, overtaking Tata Power Co. Ltd. Tata Power’s capacity stands at 8,560MW, claimed a statement by the company. Adani Power added 2,460MW in fiscal 2014, which was nearly 15% of total capacity addition in the country, it said.