Adani Power commissions 4th unit of Tiroda power plant in Gujarat
- Japan voters poised to give Shinzo Abe fresh mandate as election nears
- Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat tomorrow, inaugurate slew of projects
- Vice President M.Venkaiah Naidu undergoes angiography at AIIMS, stent placed
- Afghanistan mosques suicide attack: Death toll rises to 72
- CBI seeks permission to file SLP in Supreme Court on Bofors case
Mumbai: Adani Power Ltd on Thursday said it has commissioned the fourth unit of its 2,640 MW Tiroda power plant located in Gondia district of Maharashtra.
The company’s total installed power generation capacity now stands at 8,620MW, making it the country’s largest private power producer, overtaking Tata Power Co. Ltd. Tata Power’s capacity stands at 8,560MW, claimed a statement by the company. Adani Power added 2,460MW in fiscal 2014, which was nearly 15% of total capacity addition in the country, it said.