Airtel makes incoming call on international roaming free
- Rahul Gandhi to begin three-day Gujarat visit from Monday
- Narayan Rane to meet Amit Shah in Delhi tomorrow
- Germany elections: Angela Merkel wins 4th term as far-right party enters parliament
- Eye on 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Mayawati to hold rallies across India
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtakes Alto as India’s best-selling car in August
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Ltd announced yet another pricing cut on Wednesday, this time for international roaming packs. The company announced free incoming calls on international roaming and reduction of prices for outgoing calls.
“Airtel’s new IR packs offer free incoming calls, free texts to India and ample data benefits along with free India calling minutes across popular destinations.Charges for calls to India and local in-country calls have been reduced to as low as Rs.3 per minute across popular destinations,” Airtel said in a statement.
Airtel also announced that post the exhaustion of pack data benefits, international roaming data will now be charged at just Rs.3 per MB, a reduction of 99% from Rs.650 per MB, the statement said.
The new IR packs come with a validity of a day or 30 days at $10 and $75, respectively.
The company has been aggressively revising tariffs post Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd’s launch in September in attempts to retain market share and subscribers by offering lucrative pricing schemes.
Last week, Bharti Airtel announced a special 4G data plan that provides 30GB of data at 4G LTE speeds for a duration of 90 days from the day of recharge.