Apple warns of small electrical shocks from iPod, iPhone

Apple warns of small electrical shocks from iPod, iPhone
PTI
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, May 20 2009. 04 16 PM IST
Updated: Wed, May 20 2009. 04 16 PM IST
New York: Technology giant Apple has warned of possible small and quick electrical shocks from the headphones while using iPods and iPhones.
According to the company, people could experience the electrical shock when they are using headphones to listen to these devices in areas where the air is very dry.
“It’s possible to receive a small and quick electrical (static) shock from your ear buds while listening to iPod or iPhone,” Apple said in a statement posted on its website.
The possible static shock could be experienced in iPod, iPhone and their accessories.
“When using headphones in areas where the air is very dry, it is easy to build up static electricity and possible for your ear to receive a small electrostatic discharge from the headphones.
“Receiving a static shock from a pair of ear buds does not necessarily indicate an issue with the iPod, iPhone, or ear buds,” the statement noted.
iPod is a high-end music player while iPhone is a touch screen phone with advanced features.
Apple pointed out that this condition is not limited to Apple hardware and static can potentially build up on almost any hardware and could be discharged using any brand of ear buds.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, May 20 2009. 04 16 PM IST
More Topics: Apple | iPod | iPhone | Static | Electric shock |