Modi govt achieves only 19% of 12,000-MW solar power target in 2016-17
- F-16 enables India to be world’s largest fighter aircraft ecosystem: Lockheed Martin
- Global gold prices edge down as dollar stays firm ahead of US Fed meeting
- Govt proposes to ease environment rules for construction sector
- US, South Korea, Japan discuss denuclearization, summits
- Apple is said to develop displays to replace Samsung screens
New Delhi: Even as the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government has been championing the cause of green energy, India has achieved only around 19% of the targeted 12,000 MW solar power till now.
As per the official data of the Union ministry of new and renewable energy (MNRE), against the targeted 12,000 MW (10,500 MW ground mounted and 1500 MW rooftop solar) for grid-connected solar projects in 2016-17 (till 31 March 2017), only 2,250 MW has been achieved so far (till 31 December 2016).
In 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi led-NDA government had increased India’s solar power target from 20,000 MW to 100,000 MW by 2022.