Axis Bank dismisses CEO resignation buzz
- Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi lifetime deal
- BJP, Congress spar over Rahul Gandhi’s popularity on Twitter
- Sovereign gold bond rate fixed at Rs2,971 per gram
- Two former presidents break with tradition to denounce Donald Trump
- Nirmala Sitharaman to attend Southeast Asian defence ministers’ meet in Philippines
New Delhi: Private sector lender Axis Bank on Wednesday said its managing director and chief executive officer Shikha Sharma is not resigning.
“...The news appearing in section of social media stating the impending resignation of the MD and CEO of the bank, which please note is false, speculative and is being circulated with the mala fide intention of misleading the investors and the general public,” Axis Bank said in a clarification to the BSE.
Axis Bank has been under pressure over a sharp fall in third quarter profits along with Income Tax Department raids on some of its branches post-demonetisation.
There is also a buzz about the bank’s merger with Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Axis Bank had reported 73% decline in net profit to Rs580 crore for the October-December quarter on account of rise in bad loans. Shares of Axis Bank were trading 2.07% higher at Rs498.10 on BSE.