Reliance Jio tops 4G download speed chart at 19.6mbps in October: Trai
New Delhi: Reliance Jio topped the chart by registering an average download speed of 19.6mbps in mobile broadband in October, according to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) data released on Friday.
While, Idea Cellular recorded highest upload speed of 6.5mbps (megabits per second) during the month. The upload speed matters the most when a user wants to share video or photo through social media or email and download speed is required to access photo, video or any other available on internet.
The 4G download speed on Jio network was more than double of its closest competitor Vodafone which registered an average download speed of 9.3mbps in October. Jio’s average download speed, however, fell marginally compared to the 21.9mbps it had recorded in September.
The networks of Bharti Airtel and Idea Cellular recorded download speed of 8.7mbps and 8.6mbps, respectively. Trai collects and computes data download speed with the help of its MySpeed application on a real-time basis. In terms of upload speed, Idea Cellular was followed by Vodafone which recorded 5.9mbps upload speed, Jio with 4.3mbps and Airtel network showed upload speed of 4mbps.
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision