Hyundai to recall 7,657 units of Eon to inspect cables
- UK billionaire Sanjeev Gupta to form listed company with Atlantis Resources
- Exit polls give BJP clear majority in Gujarat
- Chemical industries, aluminum smelters mulling coal imports as power takes priority
- Bank of England holds interest rate at 0.5%
- Disney buys Fox assets in $52 billion split of Rupert Murdoch realm
New Delhi: South Korean car maker Hyundai Motor India Ltd Tuesday said it will recall as many as 7,657 units of its entry-level small car Eon to inspect faulty cables.
In a statement, Hyundai described it as “clutch cable fouling with battery cable”.
According to an industry executive from a rival company, such a situation may cause a short circuit and eventually spark a fire.
“There could be a possibility of clutch cable cutting the battery cable, which could lead to short circuit,” the executive explained requesting anonymity.
Hyundai said only those cars are being recalled which have been manufactured between 1 January and 31 January, 2015.
“Eon customers of respective period will be notified in a phased manner for inspection of the clutch cable fouling (cables entangling) with battery cable and replace the battery cable if found damaged,” the company said.