Hyundai to recall 7,657 units of Eon to inspect cables
- Apple is said to negotiate buying cobalt direct from miners
- Capillary Technologies raises $20 million from Warburg Pincus, others
- If YSR was alive, he wouldn’t let Jagan leave Congress, says K.V.P. Ramchandra Rao
- UP Investors Summit LIVE: Narendra Modi’s 4-P mantra for progress
- Supreme Court allows Centre to withdraw force from Darjeeling
New Delhi: South Korean car maker Hyundai Motor India Ltd Tuesday said it will recall as many as 7,657 units of its entry-level small car Eon to inspect faulty cables.
In a statement, Hyundai described it as “clutch cable fouling with battery cable”.
According to an industry executive from a rival company, such a situation may cause a short circuit and eventually spark a fire.
“There could be a possibility of clutch cable cutting the battery cable, which could lead to short circuit,” the executive explained requesting anonymity.
Hyundai said only those cars are being recalled which have been manufactured between 1 January and 31 January, 2015.
“Eon customers of respective period will be notified in a phased manner for inspection of the clutch cable fouling (cables entangling) with battery cable and replace the battery cable if found damaged,” the company said.