MTNL joins tariff war sparked by Reliance Jio with 2GB data a day offer
- Inside a 20th century nude commune
- Snacks in office: Til ke kebab and more
- Rupee hits 3-month high against US dollar after exit polls show BJP win in Gujarat
- Market Live: Sensex rises over 300 points, Nifty near 10,350, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Auto top gainers
- Alphabet’s X sells new wireless internet tech to Andhra Pradesh
New Delhi: Joining the tariff war triggered by Reliance Jio, state-run MTNL will offer 2GB of 3G data per day and unlimited calling within its network for Rs319 from 1 April.
“On its 31st anniversary, MTNL announces new plan from April 1, 2017 that offers 2 GB of 3G data per day and unlimited calling within MTNL network for Rs319 for Delhi and Mumbai mobile customers,” the company said in a statement. The plan will remain valid for 28 days after which MTNL customers will have to recharge with same value for availing benefits.
“This promotional offer is valid for 90 days. MTNL customers will also get 25 minutes of free call to other networks everyday and after that they will be charged 25 paise for a minute phone call,” the statement said.
All telecom operators in the country are trying to match low tariffs that new entrant Reliance Jio will offer from April 1. The lowest value plan from Reliance Jio under its special scheme will offer 1GB of 4G data everyday and unlimited calling throughout the country for Rs303 a month.