Apple sparks row with pledge to drop Imagination Tech graphics
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
London: Apple has given Imagination Tech notice that it will stop using its graphics technology in iPhones and other products in up to two years’ time, dealing a major blow to the British company.
Imagination said Apple, its biggest customer, had not presented any evidence to substantiate its assertion that it will no longer require Imagination’s technology, without violating Imagination’s patents, intellectual property and confidential information.
It said on Monday that Apple’s notification had triggered talks on alternative commercial arrangements for the current licence and royalty agreement. Reuters