Apple sparks row with pledge to drop Imagination Tech graphics
- President of India’s salary is less than that of cabinet secretary
- BJP adopting mean ways to win Gujarat elections: Raj Thackeray
- RJD not to contest Gujarat elections, to support Congress: Lalu Prasad
- Manushi Chhillar’s Miss World win draws India level with Venezuela with 6 titles
- NSE SME to touch 100 mark, 50 IPOs likely in next 6 months
London: Apple has given Imagination Tech notice that it will stop using its graphics technology in iPhones and other products in up to two years’ time, dealing a major blow to the British company.
Imagination said Apple, its biggest customer, had not presented any evidence to substantiate its assertion that it will no longer require Imagination’s technology, without violating Imagination’s patents, intellectual property and confidential information.
It said on Monday that Apple’s notification had triggered talks on alternative commercial arrangements for the current licence and royalty agreement. Reuters