Bajaj Auto sales slide 23% to 2,44,878
- Listen hard, Mark Zuckerberg. Google’s turned up the audio in India
- L&T CFO R Shankar Raman: Don’t see private sector coming back for the next couple of years
- MakeMyTrip CEO Rajesh Magow rejoins Flipkart board after 2 years
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Tata Sons in news
- Indian economy in a tailspin: What went wrong
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto Ltd on Monday reported 23% decline in total sales in June at 2,44,878 units. The company had sold 3,16,969 units in June 2016.
Its motorcycle sales also declined 25% to 2,04,667 units as against 2,73,298 in June last year, Bajaj Auto said in a BSE filing.
The two-wheeler major said its exports fell 4% during the month to 1,17,903 units from 1,23,252 units in the year-ago period. In the commercial vehicles category, Bajaj Auto’s sales in June declined 8% to 40,211 units compared to 43,671 units earlier.