Employees Provident Fund Organization opens Facebook, Twitter accounts
- New Delhi, Beijing agree maintaining peace vital for growth of bilateral ties
- Govt forms panel to review insolvency and bankruptcy code
- A property market slump may have ripple effects on innovation, productivity of staff
- I-T issues draft norms allowing foreign banks to convert local branches into wholly owned units
- Govt to decide on capital allocation based on bank business plans: SBI chief Rajnish Kumar
Hyderabad: The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) on Friday made debut on Facebook and Twitter.
Labour and employment (independent charge) minister Bandaru Dattatreya, who launched the Facebook account and Twitter handle of EPFO during a Good Governance Day event, said that with this launch the stakeholders will have another medium through which they can put their grievances, ideas and messages across.
“EPFO is a beneficial entity engaged in providing social security to crores of workers in the country,” Dattatreya said. “Recently, EPFO has undertaken several initiatives involving information technology for benefit of its stakeholders. Furthering these initiatives, EPFO has now embarked upon the social networking platform to connect better with its stakeholders,” he said.
This would be in addition to the EPFiGMS (EPF grievance management system) which is already in place. Facebook and Twitter would be used for getting feedback on service delivery and working of EPFO, the minister said, apart from informing about new facilities and ervices.
Central provident fund commissioner K.K. Jalan said the initiative would be a two-way (communication) street. PTI