Employees Provident Fund Organization opens Facebook, Twitter accounts
- Uber CEO’s Asia trip underscores its persistent global ambitions
- Natural gas industry surprised it could be so much cleaner
- Ambuja Cements Q4 profit jumps to Rs338 crore as sales volume rises
- Govt to bring in bill to check unregulated deposit schemes on the anvil
- Bitcoin rises as South Korea talks ‘active’ support for trading
Hyderabad: The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) on Friday made debut on Facebook and Twitter.
Labour and employment (independent charge) minister Bandaru Dattatreya, who launched the Facebook account and Twitter handle of EPFO during a Good Governance Day event, said that with this launch the stakeholders will have another medium through which they can put their grievances, ideas and messages across.
“EPFO is a beneficial entity engaged in providing social security to crores of workers in the country,” Dattatreya said. “Recently, EPFO has undertaken several initiatives involving information technology for benefit of its stakeholders. Furthering these initiatives, EPFO has now embarked upon the social networking platform to connect better with its stakeholders,” he said.
This would be in addition to the EPFiGMS (EPF grievance management system) which is already in place. Facebook and Twitter would be used for getting feedback on service delivery and working of EPFO, the minister said, apart from informing about new facilities and ervices.
Central provident fund commissioner K.K. Jalan said the initiative would be a two-way (communication) street. PTI