Tata Motors passenger vehicle sales rise 28% in October
Latest News »
- Minamata Convention comes into force, India yet to ratify it
- Carlyle Group merges growth, buyout verticals in India
- Sony asked to move ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ to late night slot, issue disclaimer
- Roposo to target sellers of food, travel and beauty services for expansion
- Continuity and change: Corporate history in independent India
Mumbai: Tata Motors Ltd’s monthly passenger vehicle sales in the domestic market rose to the highest in the last four years at 16,311 units in October, an increase of 28% from a year-ago period.
Passenger car sales continued its growth momentum on strong demand for the recently launched Tata Tiago, the company said in a statement on Tuesday.
Cumulative sales growth of all passenger vehicles in the domestic market grew 15% to 88,976 units in October.
Meanwhile, the company’s commercial vehicle sales too recorded highest sales this year with a growth of 15% to 30,169 units. Medium and heavy commercial vehicles too saw a strong recovery and rose by 9% led by an improvement across various sectors including construction, auto logistics, cement, petroleum products and FMCG/consumer durables segments.