Tata Motors passenger vehicle sales rise 28% in October
Passenger car sales continued its growth momentum on strong demand for the Tata Tiago
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
Mumbai: Tata Motors Ltd’s monthly passenger vehicle sales in the domestic market rose to the highest in the last four years at 16,311 units in October, an increase of 28% from a year-ago period.
Passenger car sales continued its growth momentum on strong demand for the recently launched Tata Tiago, the company said in a statement on Tuesday.
Cumulative sales growth of all passenger vehicles in the domestic market grew 15% to 88,976 units in October.
Meanwhile, the company’s commercial vehicle sales too recorded highest sales this year with a growth of 15% to 30,169 units. Medium and heavy commercial vehicles too saw a strong recovery and rose by 9% led by an improvement across various sectors including construction, auto logistics, cement, petroleum products and FMCG/consumer durables segments.