BSNL unveils new offer to counter Reliance Jio
- Nasa astronauts fix robotic arm on space station in time to grab next cargo ship
- Typhoon Lan poses a $35 billion threat to Japan in worst case
- Flowers use invisible ‘blue halo’ to attract bees for pollination: researchers
- China says no excuses for foreign officials meeting Dalai Lama
- MSRTC buses back on Maharashtra roads after Bombay HC declares strike illegal
New Delhi: To counter threat from Reliance Jio, state-run telecom firm BSNL on Thursday launched a new plan that offers 2 GB of 3G data per day and unlimited calling within its network for Rs339.
“The benefits customer will get under the Combo STV (special tariff voucher) of Rs339 are unlimited calls in BSNL network and unlimited data with fair use policy of 2 GB per day with validity of 28 days,” BSNL said in a statement. The offer is limited for 90 days.
Reliance Jio is offering 1GB of 4G data and unlimited calling to all network for free till 31 March. From 1 April onward, Reliance Jio customers opting for Jio Prime service will get unlimited data and calls till 31 March 2018, for one time registration fee of 99 Rs and Rs303 per month. BSNL said that the data of 2 GB per day is one of the best in the industry.
“We are committed to providing affordable and efficient services to all segment of our loyal mobile customers. We offer best prices to our customers considering present trend of Indian telecom industry,” BSNL director for consumer mobility RK Mittal said.
BSNL customers under the new scheme will also get 25 minutes of free call to other network everyday and after that they will be charged 25 paisa for minute long phone call.