Statistics for enterprises
- Market Live: Sensex falls 700 points, Nifty tanks 200 on Gujarat election results day
- What to watch for as Xi Jinping convenes China’s annual economic meeting
- Rupee opens lower against US dollar, bond yield hits fresh 16-month high
- Donald Trump, real estate investors get last-minute perk in tax bill
- News in Numbers: ‘The Last Jedi’ collects $450 million worldwide in opening weekend
The worldwide telecom managed services market, which includes data centre services, network services, mobility and security services, is expected to grow from $11.9 billion in 2017 to $22.58 billion by 2022, representing a compound annual growth rate of 13.7%, according to research firm MarketsandMarkets Research Pvt. Ltd.
In a recent survey of 2,500 chief information officers (CIOs) across 93 countries, researcher Gartner Inc. found that top-performing organizations in the private and public sectors, on average, spend 33% of their information technology (IT) budgets on digital initiatives, compared to just 21% in the case of government organizations. According to the survey, government CIOs anticipate a 1.4% average increase in their IT budgets in 2018 compared with an average 2.2% increase across all industries.
In its preliminary Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker report, International Data Corporation (IDC) reported that a total of 347.4 million smartphones were shipped worldwide in the first quarter of 2017, a 4,3% increase from a year earlier. The top three vendors in the quarter were Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (79.2% of shipments), Apple Inc. (51.6%) and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (34.2%).