Statistics for enterprises
- How the Facebook-Cambridge Analytica saga unfolded
- 18 new Indian missions in Africa to be opened in next 4 years
- Farm suicides hit a 21-year low in 2016, claims government
- No legal bar on convicted persons joining political parties: Centre tells SC
- If technology maketh the man, surely it can modify the Maoist movement
The worldwide telecom managed services market, which includes data centre services, network services, mobility and security services, is expected to grow from $11.9 billion in 2017 to $22.58 billion by 2022, representing a compound annual growth rate of 13.7%, according to research firm MarketsandMarkets Research Pvt. Ltd.
In a recent survey of 2,500 chief information officers (CIOs) across 93 countries, researcher Gartner Inc. found that top-performing organizations in the private and public sectors, on average, spend 33% of their information technology (IT) budgets on digital initiatives, compared to just 21% in the case of government organizations. According to the survey, government CIOs anticipate a 1.4% average increase in their IT budgets in 2018 compared with an average 2.2% increase across all industries.
In its preliminary Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker report, International Data Corporation (IDC) reported that a total of 347.4 million smartphones were shipped worldwide in the first quarter of 2017, a 4,3% increase from a year earlier. The top three vendors in the quarter were Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (79.2% of shipments), Apple Inc. (51.6%) and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (34.2%).