Tata Motors in talks with Volkswagen group for a partnership: Report
- DoT plans to allot E and V band spectrum through auction
- Under Rahul Gandhi’s leadership Congress to build alternative narrative : Chidambaram
- Not all banks to get capital support in first tranche
- DoT mulls allotment of backhaul spectrum through auction
- Civil aviation ministry may face funding crunch for UDAN
Mumbai: Tata Motors Ltd is in advance talks with Volkswagen Group for a partnership, The Economic Times reported on Wednesday. An announcement on the same is likely to be made at the Geneva Motor show next month, the financial daily reported.
The agreement, the final contours of which is still being worked out, may include sharing vehicle architecture and technology, the report said, citing unidentified people. The companies are looking at sharing modular platforms for India and emerging markets, including the advanced modular platform (AMP) being developed by Tata Motors. Volkswagen may offer technical know-how on producing multiple models based on modular architecture, it said.
A spokespersons at Volkswagen Group India declined to comment. A Tata Motors spokesperson said as a company Tata Motors keeps discussing various possibilities and there’s nothing more to share.
Tata Motors’ stocks showed no reaction to the report. At 9:40am, it was up 0.63% to Rs461.85, while the benchmark Sensex index was up 0.23% to 28,827.05 points.