Reliance Jio Prime membership offer extended till 15 April
Latest News »
- Using vehicles as weapons of terror in Europe
- Govt proposes to dilute National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority’s powers
- Techstars wants to play a meaningful role in India’s start-up ecosystem: co-founders
- RCom-Aircel merger: NCLT overrules DoT objections
- RSS arm raises questions over govt’s draft policy on pharma
Mumbai: Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd Friday extended its Jio Prime service till 15 April. Over 72 million Jio customers have signed up for Jio Prime membership till 31 March, the earlier deadline for Prime membership.
“This is the largest migration from free to paid services in history in such a short period of time. Considering the unprecedented demand for enrolling to Jio Prime and doing the first recharge, Jio has extended the deadline for purchasing Jio’s Rs 303 (and other) plans till 15th April,” a company statement said.
Jio also announced a Jio Summer Surprise for Prime customers. Prime customers who make the first recharge before 15 April using its Rs 303 plan (or higher) will get complimentary services for the first three months. Regular tariff plans will be applicable from July, once the complimentary service ends.
“Customers who could not enroll for Jio Prime by March 31 can still do so by paying Rs 99 along with their first purchase of Jio’s Rs 303 and other plans till 15th of April,” Reliance Industries Ltd chairman Mukesh Ambani said in a letter to Jio users.
Along with new customers, many people have also used mobile number portability to shift to Jio, the company said.