Ujjivan becomes fourth entity to receive small finance bank licence
Ujjivan plans to start operations in the first quarter of the next calendar year
Latest News »
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro lashes out at ‘insolent’ US sanctions
- Decision to form govt with BJP taken in interest of Bihar, says CM Nitish Kumar
- SC dismisses plea seeking stay on Indu Sarkar
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate APJ Abdul Kalam’s memorial in Tamil Nadu
- USB 3.2 will make your existing cables twice as fast, but with newer devices
Mumbai: Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd’s subsidiary Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd has received the final licence from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start operations, the company said in a statement to the BSE on Saturday.
It is the fourth entity to receive the final licence after Capital Small Finance Bank, Equitas Small Finance Bank and Suryoday Microfinance Pvt. Ltd. So far only Capital and Equitas have started operations.
Ujjivan plans to start operationsin the first quarter of the next calendar year, as reported by Mint on 29 September.
All small finance bank licence holders need to start operations by March next year before the in-principle approval lapses.