Ujjivan becomes fourth entity to receive small finance bank licence
- BigBasket to invest Rs500 crore to ramp up farmer sourcing, technology
- Building a case for equal pay
- President Kovind approves EC’s recommendation to disqualify 20 AAP MLAs
- Gujarat verdict big boost for Congress, Rahul Gandhi will lead party to victory in 2019: Ahmed Patel
- Europe readies riposte to Trump’s ‘America First’ push in Davos
Mumbai: Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd’s subsidiary Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd has received the final licence from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start operations, the company said in a statement to the BSE on Saturday.
It is the fourth entity to receive the final licence after Capital Small Finance Bank, Equitas Small Finance Bank and Suryoday Microfinance Pvt. Ltd. So far only Capital and Equitas have started operations.
Ujjivan plans to start operationsin the first quarter of the next calendar year, as reported by Mint on 29 September.
All small finance bank licence holders need to start operations by March next year before the in-principle approval lapses.