Govt hopes to auction coal blocks for commercial mining by end-December
- Kabul’s Intercontinental Hotel attacked, at least five people killed and six wounded
- 17 people killed in fire at warehouse near Delhi
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
New Delhi: The government aims to auction coal blocks for commercial mining by end-December, coal secretary Susheel Kumar told television channel ET NOW on Thursday.
India is the world’s third-biggest producer and importer of the fuel, and with coal accounting for about 70% of India’s power generation, the government wants to boost domestic output to cut imports. Reuters