Govt hopes to auction coal blocks for commercial mining by end-December
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats
New Delhi: The government aims to auction coal blocks for commercial mining by end-December, coal secretary Susheel Kumar told television channel ET NOW on Thursday.
India is the world’s third-biggest producer and importer of the fuel, and with coal accounting for about 70% of India’s power generation, the government wants to boost domestic output to cut imports. Reuters