Volkswagen Polo GTI launched in India at Rs25.65 lakh
- Shameful your boss silencing you on Rafale: Rahul Gandhi to Nirmala Sitharaman
- Women in focus at global entrepreneurship summit this year
- National Herald: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi accuse Swamy of delaying case
- Farooq Abdullah asks Centre to look into condition of war widows
- Rafale jet purchase win-win partnership for both France and India: French minister
New Delhi: German carmaker Volkswagen has commenced bookings for its sports hatchback GTI in India which has been priced at Rs25.65 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai).
The limited edition 3-door GTI will come equipped with 7-speed automatic DSG transmission producing 192 PS power.
“The GTI is one of its kind in the performance hatch segment and is designed for the petrol heads who are well versed with the GTI philosophy,” Volkswagen (VW) Passenger Cars India director Michael Mayer said in a statement.
Volkswagen GTI remains the icon for all sporty cars and Volkswagen is extremely proud to bring this phenomenon to India, he added.
The GTI will come equipped with various safety features including six airbags, ABS, hill-hold and ESP. With the introduction of GTI, Volkswagen aims to bolster its presence in the performance cars category in India.