Volkswagen Polo GTI launched in India at Rs25.65 lakh
- Arun Jaitley discusses ways to revive India’s GDP growth
- India tops A.T. Kearney’s Global Services Location Index, extends lead over China
- Tata Sons spends Rs3,228.36 crore to hike stakes in group companies
- Mumbai rains: Flight operations halted, restarted at airport
- Anti-dumping duty on import of bus, truck tyres from China
New Delhi: German carmaker Volkswagen has commenced bookings for its sports hatchback GTI in India which has been priced at Rs25.65 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai).
The limited edition 3-door GTI will come equipped with 7-speed automatic DSG transmission producing 192 PS power.
“The GTI is one of its kind in the performance hatch segment and is designed for the petrol heads who are well versed with the GTI philosophy,” Volkswagen (VW) Passenger Cars India director Michael Mayer said in a statement.
Volkswagen GTI remains the icon for all sporty cars and Volkswagen is extremely proud to bring this phenomenon to India, he added.
The GTI will come equipped with various safety features including six airbags, ABS, hill-hold and ESP. With the introduction of GTI, Volkswagen aims to bolster its presence in the performance cars category in India.