Triumph Street Scrambler launched at Rs8.10 lakh
New Delhi: British motorcycle maker Triumph Motorcycles UK on Thursday launched the Triumph Street Scrambler in India at an ex-showroom price of Rs8.10 lakh.
The Street Scrambler is the latest motorcycle in Triumph’s India line-up to feature the 900cc twin-cylinder engine, mated with a five-speed gearbox, and sends 80NM of torque to the rear wheel. The motorcycle also has safety features such as switchable ABS, said Triumph Motorcycles India said in a statement.
“Our ambition was to deliver a new segment state-of-the-art rugged off-road styled motorcycle that is both addictive everyday fun and an off-road motorcycle but with its own distinctive attitude,” said Vimal Sumbly, managing director of Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd, said in the statement.
Apart from being performance-oriented and fun to ride, the Triumph Street Scrambler can also be customised. Triumph currently sells a range of high-end bikes across 14 dealerships in India. It has an assembly facility at Manesar, Haryana.
- New Delhi, Beijing agree maintaining peace vital for growth of bilateral ties
- Govt forms panel to review insolvency and bankruptcy code
- A property market slump may have ripple effects on innovation, productivity of staff
- I-T issues draft norms allowing foreign banks to convert local branches into wholly owned units
- Govt to decide on capital allocation based on bank business plans: SBI chief Rajnish Kumar