Maruti plans to export Baleno to over 100 markets globally
Latest News »
- Tata Motors to take ‘concerted decision’ on Nano, says N. Chandrasekaran
- Gross loan portfolio for MFIs rises 8% to Rs35,045 crore in June quarter: report
- Druva raises $80 million from investors led by Riverwood Capital
- US targets China, Russia entities, individuals for North Korea support
- Blue Whale challenge: Facebook, Google, Delhi govt served show cause notice
New Delhi: Country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) is looking to launch the premium hatchback Baleno in new markets, including Caribbean Islands and South Africa, in the coming months as part of plans to export the model to over 100 nations.
The car, which has already crossed the milestone of 1 lakh sales in the domestic market, will also be shipped to countries in Latin America, Middle East and South East Asia.
“In following months it (Baleno) will be launched in Caribbean Islands, Uruguay, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Panama, Peru, South Africa, Indonesia, Middle East countries like UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia,” a company spokesperson told PTI.
MSI currently exports the car to France, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Chile, Israel, England, Nepal, Bhutan, Austria and Australia. Till date around 38,000 units of the model have been dispatched to these destinations.
Baleno is the first product from the MSI portfolio to be exported to Japan where its parent company Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) is based. The company and its supplier partners have invested Rs.1,060 crore in the development of Baleno, which is being manufactured at the company’s Manesar plant.
MSI had launched Baleno in India on 26 October last year.