Karur Vysya Bank appoints P.R. Seshadri as MD and CEO
Chennai: Private sector Karur Vysya Bank on Monday announced the appointment of P.R. Seshadri as its managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO).
Seshadri succeeds K. Venkataraman who has been leading the bank for more than six years. Seshadri took over the new responsibility at the bank’s office on Monday, a statement issued from the bank said.
An alumnus of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bengaluru, Seshadri has over 25 years of experience in commercial and retail banking.
Prior to taking up the new role, Seshadri had served Citibank India in various capacities, including the managing director, Citi Financial Consumer Finance Ltd, Citi Financial Retail Services India.
He had also served London-based BFC Bank Ltd as the CEO, the release added.
- Amazon to invest Rs179.25 crore in Shoppers Stop
- BJP’s two-day national executive to start from tomorrow
- Uncertainty grips solar developers as industry awaits Donald Trump’s tariff ruling
- Diesel, petrol prices will fall soon: Dharmendra Pradhan
- Govt to take steps to create jobs, but no abrupt change in public spending