Union Bank set to raise Rs2,000 crore
New Delhi: Union Bank of India on Wednesday said it will raise Rs2,000 crore through various instruments, including rights issue and private placement.
The state-owned lender’s committee of directors at its meeting today approved the capital raising issue.
“The committee... has resolved and approved raising of equity capital through public issue (follow-on public offer) and/or rights issue and/or private placement, including qualified institutional placement for an amount of up to Rs2,000 crore in first tranche during 2017-18,” the bank said in a regulatory filing.
The stock today closed 0.53% down at Rs141.75 on the BSE.
- Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat tomorrow, inaugurate slew of projects
- Vice President M.Venkaiah Naidu undergoes angiography at AIIMS, stent placed
- Afghanistan mosques suicide attack: Death toll rises to 72
- CBI seeks permission to file SLP in Supreme Court on Bofors case
- Govt permits banks to sell more small savings schemes like NSCs, MIS