Mercedes-Benz to offer electric option for every car by 2022
Frankfurt: Daimler’s chief executive Dieter Zetsche on Monday said Mercedes-Benz will offer electric versions of all its models by 2022, converting its smart city car brand to become fully electric.
Speaking at the company’s investor day in Sindelfingen, Germany, Daimler said it will offer at least 50 electrified versions of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars in a hybrid and fully electric car variants.
Because electric cars have a lower margin than conventional cars, Daimler has set itself a more ambitious savings target. The company’s Fit for Leadership 4.0 plan targets savings of €4 billion ($4.8 billion), Daimler said. Reuters
- Finance ministry asks banks to prevent defaulters from buying stressed assets
- Restrictions in parts of Srinagar continue for second day in view of separatists strike
- Gravitational waves from black hole collision detected
- Railways not to seek more funds from Budget, says Piyush Goyal
- World Toilet Day: Narendra Modi says committed to improving sanitation facilities