WhatsApp adds new camera features with emojis
- Kejriwal’s apology to Majithia a bid to reduce defamation burden: Amarinder Singh
- Theresa May warns of new Russia sanctions as 23 UK diplomats expelled
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
New Delhi: Messaging app Whatsapp has added new camera features which will allow users to write and draw on photos and videos as well as add emojis to them.
“Today we’re introducing new ways to customise and enhance the photos and videos you share with friends and family around the world. With WhatsApp’s new camera features, you can now write or draw on photos and videos, as well as add emoji to express yourself,” Whatsapp said in a blogpost.
Once a user captures a new photo or video or shares one from their phone, they will automatically see the new editing tools.
“The WhatsApp camera feature now supports the front-facing flash so you can take the perfect selfie. In low light and at night, this will brighten up your screen and improve the quality of your photo,” it added.
The new features will roll out on Android phones from today and iPhone soon. The features are similar to those offered by photo app, Snapchat.
Whatsapp has been launching new features including new mentions feature to Group Chats and document sharing for its users. WhatsApp, which was acquired by Facebook in 2014 in a $19-billion deal, has over one billion users globally with a significant chunk coming from India.