HDFC Bank launches chatbot Eva for customer services
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed release, says committed to UN sanctions regime on terrorists
- Rohingya refugees’ return to Myanmar will start in 2 months: Bangladesh
- Jindal Steel could win a slice of Indian Railways’ global tender for steel rails: report
- Isro to provide satellite transponders by March 2018 to monitor suspicious vessels
- London police find no sign of shooting after Oxford Street panic
New Delhi: HDFC Bank on Sunday announced the launch of an electronic virtual assistant (EVA), an artificial intelligence-driven chatbot, for customer services.
Eva is India’s first AI-based banking chatbot and can answer millions of customer queries across multiple channels instantly, HDFC Bank said in a statement.
Eva can assimilate knowledge from thousands of sources and provide answers in simple language in less than 0.4 seconds, it said. “Within the first few days of its launch, Eva has answered over 1 lakh queries from thousands of customers from 17 countries across the globe,” it claimed.
With the launch of Eva, it said, bank’s customers can get information on its products and services instantaneously and it also becomes smarter as it learns through its customer interactions.
Going forward, Eva would be able to handle real banking transactions as well, which would enable HDFC Bank to offer the true power of conversational banking to its customers, it added.