BSNL offers 1 GB free data to its non Internet users
- Cut in fees for smelters is a risk for domestic copper producers
- No ripple in bank stocks ahead of second wave of provisioning
- With deposits contracting and lending going up, why should banks lower interest rates?
- Opening bell: Asian markets open subdued; Tata Communications, EIH in news
- Want to short bitcoin, anyone?
New Delhi: State-owned telecom corporation Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd on Friday said it will offer 1 GB of free data to smartphone users who have a BSNL connection but are not using the company’s data services.
In a statement in New Delhi, BSNL said it has “decided to give a special free offer for smartphone users to promote digital India drive and to increase Internet users in prepaid mobile services”.
The offer would be available on a pan India basis, it added. “On pan India basis BSNL offers 1 GB free data for the smartphone users who are not using BSNL GSM data services. The intention of this offer is to promote number of Internet users in BSNL network,” it added.