Himalaya expands into mothercare segment
- Farm loan waiver: Maharashtra detects 1.5 million suspicious bank accounts
- BJP has successfully covered 75% of polling booths in 3 years: Amit Shah
- OPG Securities approaches SAT against NSE’s suspension notice
- RBI revises investment, trading rules for banks
- India needs robust cold chain supply system to increase farmers’ income, say experts
Bengaluru: The Himalaya Drug Co., a Bengaluru-based wellness company, announced its expansion into the mothercare segment with a ‘For Moms’ range of herbal personal care products.
Targeting both expectant women and new mothers, the company anticipates this segment will contribute anywhere between 5-6% in turnover over the next two years.
It is also estimating sales of Rs2,100 crore in the current fiscal, up from Rs1,800 crore in the previous year. The company’s mothercare products will also help strengthen its position in babycare, Himalaya said, adding that the latter segment is growing at 60-70% per annum.
“This idea started quite a few years ago. We have a successful range of baby care products and a lot of the sales comes from contacting doctors. We had a lot of feedback from doctors saying there is a huge need from mothers,” Philipe Haydon, chief executive, Himalaya.
The decision to cater to mothers was based on surveys of doctors done internally by the company’s 3,000-odd sales staff.